Canadian Experience Class

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) permits foreign nationals who have attained one year of Canadian high-skilled work experience to apply for Permanent Residence. International students on a Post-graduate Work Permit and Temporary Foreign Workers who have attained one year of Canadian work experience are ideal candidates for the program. In addition to work experience, applicants must meet certain language requirements and intend to settle outside Quebec.

To apply for permanent residency under the Canadian Experience Class program, the candidate must register in the Express Entry system and then must first attain sufficient CRS points to receive an Invitation to Apply. Upon selection, the candidate will be allowed to submit an electronic application where the candidate will upload all supporting documentation.


Do you have one year of Canadian Work Experience? Contact us to Apply

compañeros de trabajo

Canadian Experience Class Program Requirements

The Canadian Experience Class program is one of the three programs contained within Canada’s Express Entry system for processing permanent residency applications.

 Work Experience: 

  • Have at least 12 months of Canadian work experience in NOC 0, A or B profession within the last three years.

  • This experience must have been obtained while on a valid work permit

 Language Proficiency: 

  • Reach a minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 on an approved English or French language test


  • A minimum of a Canadian high school diploma or the equivalent in foreign education

 Financial Support:

  • Applicants under the Canadian Experience Class are not required to show proof of settlement funds, as FSWC and FSTC candidates are.

CEC Applicants may remain in Canada throughout the application process under their current work permits. Applicants currently working in Canada whose permits are due to expire are eligible for a “bridging open work permit.” This permit will allow applicants to continue working while they await a final decision on their permanent resident application.

Is your work permit expiring soon and you do not have one year of work experience? Contact us to advise on your options

Image by Green Chameleon

Draft Letters

Ensure your employment verification letter meets all the requirements by revising or drafting the letter based on your experience.

Image by Kelly Sikkema

Less is More

Only include the experience or documentation required while ensuring to disclose all required information.

Working on Computer

Obtain Docs

Ensure to obtain supporting documentation before receiving an ITA to allow for delays.

Register or Call for Free Telephone Assesment!